Friday, April 12, 2013

Being intentional in April

Well, its 12 days into the month and I had intended on writing this a lot sooner.

I have lost some focus on my overall 2013 goal of being more intentional, obviously. I still think on it from time to time but have moments were just getting through the day is best I can do!

Baseball season is in full swing for Tyler and just starting for Garyn. We are spending most of our nights at the fields. I enjoy it mostly. I get tired of not knowing what to do for dinner, though. We have eaten out and eaten fast food a lot more than I like. But I do think one of my goals for March was to enjoy baseball season! And we are doing that still! Ansley sees the school and says "Bay-ball game!" Garyn has some buddies he has been playing with well, too.

For April, I want to be more intentional about setting aside my time for the Lord. I have gotten into a nice pattern of doing my bible reading/ study while Ansley naps. But it isn't always quiet and focused. Garyn is usually in the room watching TV or playing on the computer. I would like to do a better job of finding a quiet spot to focus more. Our new bible study led me to that conviction. We just started "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer. She talks a lot about being quiet before the Lord and focusing on worshipping him. I really want to know God's will for my life, especially with our house decisions we are making. Besides that,  I feel it is another step on my walk with Christ to be closer and in tune with Him for every decision I face.

Other areas I need to intentionally put my mind to are:

-preparing for Ansley's 2nd birthday party!
-staying on top of budget with groceries
-above means I need to work on organizing coupons
-spending time with both kids on a one-on-one level
-praying often for others and prayer requests
-reading "Circle Maker" more consistently
-staying in touch with family members, especially sick ones
-and last, watching my attitude with my family

I really want each activity/ task I do with and for my family to have purpose. I feel I get caught up in what I want to do or feel should be done. Later, I wonder why I worried about that particular thing when I could have enjoyed something else. I would love to intentionally prioritize and not waste my time. I know I will never be perfect and will have down time that is meaningless. However, when I know more about facebook status rather than having Garyn read a book to me, I feel I have failed for the day!

So, even though half of the month's gone already, I am jumping back on track and getting intentional about my day! I hope I haven't bored you with my ramblings and that you'll wonder what next month has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails