Saturday, October 5, 2013

Month by Month : Layne's 2 months

I have so many updates I want to do on here but just can't seem to ever find the time! And then I remind myself that I 1: have a new kindergartner whose school happens to be 20+ mins away 2: have a 2 yr old I am trying to potty train, 3: have a 2 month old, and 4: building a house and will be moving soon. If that's not enough to keep me busy than I don't want to see what busy really means!

On to talking about my precious 2 month old....




Layne is still pretty easy going. He sleeps well in his bed or on the bed propped up in the boppy pillow. The only time he has to be held to sleep is around dinner time, he is fussier then and won't let you put him down much. He definitely uses his paci but doesn't seem as attached to it as his siblings were. At night, from about 10 pm to 6 am, he rarely uses the pacifier.


 
Speaking of nighttime, Layne will do about a 5-6 hr stretch most nights. If I make sure he eats sometime between 10-11 pm, then he will sleep til 2-3 am for me. In between feedings he is out! He rarely opens his eyes or even cry really. Early mornings, he sometimes fusses and wiggles when I lay him down. I may just not remember, but I don't think Ansley or Garyn were sleeping this well at this age. In fact, I was telling someone that this is the longest I have kept a baby in the room with us because they usually fuss and stir keeping me awake. Just another answer to prayer since he doesn't have a room to move to!



Layne is smiling all the time now. He likes to be talked to and is starting to like little toys to look at. He moves constantly when awake unless you are walking with him and then he just studies everything. But he likes to kick and flap his arms; doing his exercises as I call it.

(first time in BeBe Pod)




He still eats about every 3 hours and has done well taking the bottle when I work or at church and things. At his 2 month appointment, he weighed 13 lbs 7 oz and was 24 inches. He didn't keep up with Garyn this time; Garyn was 14 lbs 4 oz at 2 months. (Which, if you remember at 1 mo. he was 9 lb 4 oz, making that a 5 lb gain!) And little Ansley was just 10 lbs at 2 months, of course she is a girl and will naturally be smaller.


 
I still think he looks a lot like Tyler and Garyn. His hair has started coming back on top and looks dark. His eyes also seem to be turning darker. We shall see if Tyler gets a dark-haired brown-eyed child finally! I see similarities for all of them but differences as well.

(all 3 in order by age and all right at 2 months old)
 

Having Layne here seems so natural and I am blessed to have three sweet babies to love and care for. They make everyday interesting that's for sure!


 
He already has changed, almost doesn't look like the same baby!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails