Friday, September 25, 2009

Quick update



1. We attempted potty training this week. I wasn't entirely sure he was ready, but after 2 1/2 days, he was refusing to sit on the potty......I mean kicking and screaming, I would have to drag him there......and I was getting way too stubborn about it myself, to where I wanted to discipline when he wouldn't try...so I just said, "Ok, back to diapers!"



We are both stubborn and I didn't want him to reject it or think he was insufficient when I would obviously get frustrated that he didn't use the potty. I mean don't get me wrong, the first day and a half we were having fun with it and he would actually pee in the potty, I was fine with the accidents in between the successes. Then something flipped in him and yesterday afternoon, he stopped being excited to sit on the potty. He would have to pee but wouldn't until he stood up and walked out of the bathroom! Tyler came home and I wanted him to work with him and give me a break.....that didn't help much, so then I ended up crying and Tyler was frustrated.....it was a mess! With no difference this morning in Garyn's attitude, I made the decision to stop driving us both crazy!



It is so true of most of us, at least I know it is for me. My friend Sarah over at Ooey Gooey Daily News posted about it and I liked it so much I wanted to post about it!


3. Football, Football! We are 4-0 and hopefully after tonight will be 5-0! Tyler stays busy with football and his master's program schoolwork. Garyn and I enjoy the games, though. He loves the end of the game the most when we go onto the field! Last week, they had old football players come for their 70th anniversary of Red Bank football. It was neat seeing all the different generations of players. In honor of Tyler, I wore his old jersey.... :) I felt nostalgic, like I was in high school again, cheering on my boyfriend at the game! All the while I was wrestling our child and didn't see much of the game at all! Ha! What a change! These are some pics of Garyn and I before the game, I loved how our expressions seemed to match, I was using the self timer and was trying to keep him looking at the camera until it took.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails