Its amazing still to me that a small being can be growing in your belly, come out and change your world all at the same time! It is also amazing that I will learn more and more about her over the years to come as I have about her big brother. Its like a flower blooming before your eyes, slowly but showing you a new color or detail each change it makes.
If you have children of your own, you know how quickly you communicate with your baby. Although, I don't know all her likes and dislikes or characteristics as a person, I do know a handful of those preferences!
I thought you might like to know them, too!
- to stand up on your lap
- face outward when being held so she can look around
- her pacifier!
- sometimes she likes her fingers/thumb but still likes the paci more :)
- loves to hear her parents and brother talk while she smiles happily (others as well but we feel she likes us more, :)
- the swing/bouncy seat but only for 20 mins tops (unless she falls asleep, which isn't a given!)
- to watch the fan and thinks it is hilarious at times
- to kick and swing her arms when laying on her back
- seems to go to sleep better when laid down (as long as you are willing to give her the paci occasionally :)
- if you are getting her to sleep, you must rock, bounce, pat or something, there's no sitting down on the job
- her mobile
- water sounds
- the bath tub especially with brother
- to be laid back in your arms (cradled hold) unless she is sleepy and you are bouncing her
- to have her arms wrapped when swaddled
- and she only likes to be swaddled when she is very sleepy
- to stop eating long enough to burp but needs to burp frequently!
- her car seat unless she just ate or is sleepy!
- to stay in one spot too long
It is quite funny really...you can sit down with her and she'll immediately start fussing and crying, then you stand up and she dries up those tears fast! Now, she will let you sit down some but she can't be sitting most of the time.
At times, it is trying to get things done when you can't sit her down for very long... however she will sleep well in the swing or the bed. Either way, she is already getting what she wants from us!
I feel she is going to be bossing us around a lot one day! I can definitely force the mother/daughter arguments between us since we are both strong willed. But you never know....they are constantly changing!
Speaking of changes, she still favors Garyn a lot and her daddy. Every so often, she looks like some of my baby pictures. I know it will keep changing, just as Garyn has and is. She is growing well, but not as fast as Garyn did. That's ok though, she is a girl. :)
Her eyes seem to be staying blue, I had blue eyes until they slowly turned green in my elementary years.
Her hair remains dark, even what has grown back in her bald spots.
Her toes are long like mine, and the Pilcher side.
Her eyelashes are long and curled.
She looks a lot like Garyn when asleep.
AND she melts our heart with her smile all day, every day!