Thursday, March 8, 2012

Reached a goal!

So I realized it is 8 days into March and I have never written March goals....

When it was already 5 days into the month and I still had somethings to catch up on from February, I decided to take March off! I love having my goals and am already missing them. But Ansley is keeping me busy these days leaving me with plenty to do. We have also been sick a lot lately it seems. I was the last week of February; all of us were the first week of March; now this week Garyn has an ear infection. That makes for a lot of cuddling and cleaning unexpectedly! Therefore, I'll attempt again in April, which will be here before I can blink!

However, one goal has been reached by a smart little boy named Garyn! We have been teaching him to count to 100. He gets a prize at preschool when he can for his teacher. After working on it for a couple months here and there along with a lot of whining, I decided it was time to get serious. So, I pulled out the bribery trick. The bribe: when he could count to 100 without help, I would take him to Game Stop to get a Wii game, that was no more than $30. That was a week and a half ago, a long week and a half for Garyn. I was quickly regretting it when he would cry every time I said he didn't count without help. But alas he did it!


Afterwards, we went and got his reward for putting in lots of practice to be able to do it. As you can tell, he had a  hard time remembering the transition to 60, 70, 80, 90. For the longest, he would count to 59 then say "What's next?" then again get to 69 and ask. This happened for months without any progress because he just didn't want to remember. Sonic gave him a reason to remember.....


We are very proud! Now, onto the next learning curve....adding! And learning how to play this new game.

I will have to get busy finishing up my goals and keep up with Ansley....

1 comment:

  1. I've been saving this post in my reader because I hadn't had a chance to watch the video, but I just did, and he is so cute!! Great job Garyn!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails