I have always done well with my goal setting posts in the past and was already feeling an itch to start them again. When Meghan posted about her 2013 goal to Connect, I thought it might be a good way for me to change up my goal making while still focusing on things I want to get done in order to grow in areas I feel I'm lacking in.
I want to be more intentional with all my actions and time in 2013. I have always thought of this word to describe how I want to be focused and deliberate in every way. I feel this word puts action to thoughts and words. If I am intentional to do what I say and think about throughout the day, I might actually feel more successful and better about how I spent my time at the end of the day.
I want to be intentional about my relationships with God, my husband, my children, extended family and friends! We are also really working on our budget and I need to keep on top of it! Guilt tends to loom over me every time I fail to give my all to those I love; doing selfish desires instead.
- intentional to have devotional and prayer time be a priority.
- want to truly focus on Him and His will in my life
- focus on being positive each day; not giving him the laundry list of complaints
- watch my words, as well, to let him know I love him and am not burned out
- Want to be intentional about our time together
- focus on them and their words rather than try to multitask all the time
- Simply to make time for them and follow through with plans made
- want to intentionally pray for them when I say I will
- Intentionally watch every penny I spend
- Be creative in ways to stretch the dollar
- Stay on top of my coupons, but know when enough is enough
This particular month my goals are to:
- Continue daily bible study and prayer time
- Write prayer concerns for others down and take time to pray for them
- As well, I want to check in on my family and friends to encourage them when needed
- Have at least one play date/lunch with a friend
- Work on my attitude towards Tyler when I want to be negative or feel I deserve to be grouchy
- Play games with Garyn and do bible study time with him
- Read to Ansley daily and work on her flash cards
- Work on cutting coupons instead of checking facebook status numerous times a day (AMEN!)
- Do Ansley's hair bow holder from pinterest and stop procrastinating!
- Try to spend less on groceries/ meals and save for those miscellaneous needs that come up
2013 seems like a great time to be INTENTIONAL!