Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Some nesting/ Layne updates!

Well I only have 11 days left until my due date. Which means, Baby Layne could come anytime! I have mixed emotions about it. I'm ready to see him and know that this is a less hectic time since my other two boys aren't about to start school. (Tyler will never be off the school schedule, :) )
At the same time, its easier for me to work and be able to enjoy Garyn's birthday festivities with him in my belly! And with this being our last baby, I don't want to rush him out cause I really enjoy being pregnant. I am wanting to let him come on his own but geez, considering all the changes we are about to have it really would be easier to have a couple weeks under our belt before it starts!

33 wks


Speaking of changes, let me update real quick....1) We are obviously about to have our 3rd child; 2) Garyn is starting kindergarten around the second week of August at a school 20+ mins away; 3) We will be breaking ground on our house around the first of August; 4) This one isn't really a change, but Tyler will be completely busy with football and adjusting to a new school at the first of August!
Nana asked if I was in denial about Garyn starting school.......I'm not but yet trying not to think about all of the previously mentioned all at once. I can only take it one day at a time right?!

36 wks

Back to baby updates! Layne is moving and growing great. I really can't complain about anything! I have some trouble sleeping and heartburn. I have been getting out of breath more especially when carrying or chasing Ansley! I haven't had too many cravings; I just tend to get something on my mind and can't get it out of my head until I eat it. Garyn and Ansley are getting more excited about it. Garyn absolutely loves him already and talks to him (my belly) a lot. Ansley has finally realized there is a baby in there. I was trying to get her to stay still long enough to feel him one day and he moved big enough for her to see my belly move. She looked up at me wide-eyed and then bent down to look in my belly button and said "He's in there!" It was quite funny and cute! So now she says she wants to see Baby Layne or "Wayne" and has even asked to go to the baby doctor to see him. I still don't think she understands it all, obviously, but she seems more prepared than before. I have a feeling both kids aren't going to let him be much!
Garyn and I at our maternity picture session...one of my favorites!
 
Ansley being a big sis!
 

Layne's face- He is laying sideways and the pic is only of his face and a foot or hand up to his chin. The black crescent moon in the middle is his left eyelid crease. Then up to the left of that is his nose. Then left some more is his lips. Not sure you got all that but I tried.


Living with Nana and Poppa means Layne will be in our room with us and I can't necessarily prepare a nursery. However! I have been working on the area of the room designated to him. We shuffled around the rocking chair and dressers which meant Ansley's room got shuffled around, too. The changing table is going to live in her room. Since she is still wearing diapers, I can use it for both of them. It has really helped to not have to get down in the floor to change her! Here are some pics of what her room looks like. She is going to remain in the baby bed until we move at least.
 


Our room....
That's my mostly packed bag over there and I intend to move the bassinet around as needed.


We have such generous friends and family that have given me three showers! I really wasn't expecting anything this time a round since its our third and we have a lot of baby equipment. However, work friends, church friends and family have given me 3 showers. We have gotten a lot of diapers and wipes along with other essentials like baby wash, destin, blankets, etc. We feel very blessed! I didn't get pictures at all of them but here are some I have...

Two of my friends at work. Chrissy and I were only a week or so a part but she had a C-section this past weekend. Having friends at work make it easier to go!
 
My family in Georgia that gave me a shower.
 
Garyn and Ansley were eager to help open the presents! Ansley kept saying "Aww, how cute"
 
And my Sunday School class gave me a lunch shower. Stephanie and I were about 8 days apart and she just had her baby boy yesterday!
I have a lot of friends that were due in between June and July. Most of them have delivered. There are a couple in September including my sister n' law Kadie. Yes, Layne will have a boy cousin only 2 months younger! It's going to be a fun Christmas!
 

We are just overjoyed to be having a new family member join us soon and all the fun that entails! Can't wait to see what he looks like and how his personality turns out. They are all so different. Garyn thinks he is going to look like Tyler with black hair. Tyler is actually hoping he does so that one of his children will have hair like him! I am just hoping everything goes smoothly and he is a happy healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails