Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Is it Christmas time?

Yes!
It's so funny now to see Garyn's little brain working....He is a little confused at times about when it is actually Christmas. We will talk about what he wants for Christmas and about it being Jesus' birthday. Then the next day, he'll ask if its His birthday that day or if we are going to the store, he wants to know if we can get the toys he wants for Christmas. So I start back tracking some to explain, it's Christmas time, not Christmas Day. You can tell he is still somewhat confused, but satisfied with that answer.

So occasionally throughout the day, when we are Christmas shopping, decorating, and/or seeing Christmas lights, he says "Is it Christmas time?"

Around here, as everywhere, we have been doing Christmas things non-stop. Unfortunately, though, none of that has been spent wrapping because not one present is wrapped! I plan to start to-night! Here are some pics of what we have been doing.....

(I will apologize, its a lot of pictures!)

We decorated our tree 2 Saturdays ago......and Garyn decided he wanted to be the photographer that night......



 I love this one....



Also, love the abstract-ness of this one...
 And this was actually the first one he took while stringing the lights..
I took this one of course, but I must say, he really did a good job and I loved the pictures from his perspective. There were so many more, I didn't post. Garyn might just be our future photographer? You never know....

Final product

Then other parts of our house that we decorated...
 (Can't wait to get new stockings, 4 of them, has bothered me that Garyn's was a different color the last 2 years!)
 These are a forever favorite and Garyn hates for them to be put up. They sing Jingle Bells together, not all at once though, and move.


Garyn's small tree in his playroom, complete with Garyn angel at top.

Outside light post....
 Front porch

Then we had a snow day, I worked the night before so I was sleeping when they went out to play
According to Tyler, this was the extent of their "playing."

 Even though I wasn't there, this is him saying "Take it off, I'm ready to go inside"
 Later that night, we made Christmas goodies for a dessert swap I was had to go to the next day.
Garyn has been wanting to help more in the kitchen' he loved the chopper...
 We were making peanut butter balls and date balls, he crunched up the graham crackers and poured things for me and daddy....
 After this, we decided it wasn't best for him to stir, although he thought it was funny, he didn't like it getting on his shirt and shoes.
 Now, helping daddy with the date balls...
 Back to mommy, attempting to roll the peanut butter balls, he didn't like the stickiness.
 So I rolled and he put them in lines...
 Date balls getting powered...
 Dipping them in chocolate process, at this point Garyn was no where to be found...

Both were really good and definitely rich!

Finally, today we decorated a gingerbread train. It was the first time I bought one and he really enjoyed it!



So now I am off to fixing dinner and wrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Get to wrapping, girlfriend (and sending out cards!!)! I can't wait to see an Ansley stocking next year! Very cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails