Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yummy Yummy...

So last month I set out to make a couple new recipes and I found them worth sharing.

I made Easy Tomato Chicken....


and it was easy. I am not a big fan of using the grill. I love the taste from the grill but our grill is hard to get lit and I am not one to give it time to cook, therefore I end up burning the outside. Anyway, this was just throw everything in the dish and put it in the oven. I thought it was juicy and tasty; Garyn ate it well, and Tyler surprisingly ate it even with the tomatoes. He did complain a little but that was to be expected. :) And it is a Weight Watchers recipe, I believe, that I got at MOPS, the moms group I am apart of at church.

Easy Tomato Baked Chicken
1 small red onion, thinly sliced (I omitted this, since I didn't have it and we aren't huge onion fans)
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Reduced Fat Dressing
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425. Place onions in bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish
Top with chicken
Combine tomatoes, dressing and garlic powder and pour over chicken
Sprinkle with cheese
Bake 30 min. or until cooked through

Yields 4 servings and is 4 points per serving


Another night, Tyler wanted to have some Steak Nachos that he had at a restaurant while in Nashville. I was not in the mood to come up with anything, so we tried it.
Basically, you put black beans on bottom then layer with strips of steak, tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce. We didn't have any lettuce, though, and I was the only one bummed.

Then, the best one we made was Maple-Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes. I had this recipe from a Better Homes and Garden magazine. It was so good! Tyler actually cooked it and he also loved it.


Maple-Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

1 lb. chicken breast tenders or breast (skinless boneless)
2 tsp steak grilling seasoning, such as Montreal
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup maple syrup (we used plain pancake syrup)
1/2 cup sliced green onions (again, omitted this)
Also calls for 8 oz. package of refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes, but I just made them from real sweet potatoes just like making mashed potatoes and added brown sugar and cinnamon

1. Lightly coat chicken with steak seasoning. Heat butter in large skillet over medium high-heat, add chicken
2. Cook chicken 5-6 min until no longer pink turning once halfway through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
3.Stir maple syrup into hot skillet cook 2 minutes and stir in green onions
4. Divide chicken and potatoes among 4 plates and drizzle with maple syrup mixture.

Serves 4. Each serving has 384 cal, 7 g fat, 4 g sat fat, 6 g fiber

If you want to try any of these, I would totally suggest the Maple Glazed chicken, but they were all good!

1 comment:

  1. That all looks sooooo delicious! We might just have to try some of them :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails