Friday, December 9, 2011

7 months and mobile

Well, here we are at 7 months already! She has been moving since about 5 months but is now crawling on all fours and pulling up on things. Phase One of destruction has begun! By that I mean, she is into any basket/ tub/ cabinet that catches her eye. I have walked away a few times to come back to her eating paper, spilling Garyn's drink or even pulling at electrical cords!

She will hardly be still, too. These pictures were hard to get this time. Back to being destructive, she hasn't left the room I put her down in yet. She will be in a totally different spot when I return but she isn't booking it down the hall into the bathroom or anything when I am not looking. 
She has found Garyn's toys to be more intriguing than her own. In fact, she hardly plays with her baby safe toys! Cars, trains, books, blocks, Wii remotes and/or dvds are her normal chew toys.


And, like I said, she is pulling up. Started the same day she turned 7 months. She quickly became vertical and now doesn't like to be sitting much and especially not laying! I have got to get some corner guards for the coffee table. She is still a little wobbly especially when she lets go while holding a toy or something! Daddy has been calling her prairie dog because she pops up on the other side of the table, down and then back up smiling all the while! When she wakes up at night (still getting up 1-2 times), she quickly comes to the stand at the end of the bed closest to the door.

Reminds me......sleeping wise, she is about the same as she has been the last few months. Still waking around 4 to eat and sometimes before that just long enough to get her pacifier. Although, she is now just taking 2 naps. If we are out late, she might cat nap after dinner but tends to want to stay up longer so I try to not let her go to sleep in the early evening for a nap. And another change is that she will let you rock her! This was not something we were striving for either. When she was sick with an ear infection, (Yep, had first one about a month ago)  we slept in her rocking chair a lot together and it started a habit. She was just so miserable and wouldn't let me lay her down. I have slowly gotten her back into the habit of not being held or rocked to sleep but it took some time.
Other than being more mobile, she has been saying "da da" and has said "ma ma" a hand full of times. She still doesn't use them to ask for us. However, she is reaching for us and has that object permanence memory going on. When she is tired or hungry, she fusses as soon as we are out of sight but then gets excited when we come back.

Speaking of hungry.....she still isn't chowing down on baby food like Garyn did, but does get excited about eating when she sees the spoon coming. She has just started the meats and seems to like them ok. I have been making several different types of baby food and freezing them. Honestly, she eats it better! I hadn't really noticed but Tyler mentioned it one day. I don't have time to make it all, though. And she still eats the jar food just fine. I am trying to push her to eat three times a day now. She will, but two of the meals she eats more. Of course, she is still nursing, too. She is growing steadily just not as fast as Garyn.
 Size at 7 months: 16 lbs 3 oz at her Dr visit for her ear infection.  And not sure on length. She is wearing 6-9 months but some 3-6 months still fit. Her waist and chest are small but the length is long enough for the 9 months.
She still loves her big brother! It is amazing really how the two them already play together. He has started picking her up under the arms and carrying her to another spot. I have cautiously been monitoring this and trying to instruct him because I realized he was going to do it anyway. He also gave her some cookie the other day! I came in and saw her moving something around in her mouth then gagging. I peeled it out him eventually. She survived so I wasn't harsh on him!

Again, couldn't get her to be still in this chair and gave her this bird thing trying to bribe her. I have to do this a lot especially when changing her diaper. It doesn't always work though.
Here is her "boo" face as daddy says. When something doesn't go her way, she pulls this out and quickly turns it off when she gets what she wants! Once, Tyler pretended to spank her and she started sobbing as if he beat her. Oh...... it was funny! I thought she fell or something and came running. He is swiftly becoming wrapped around her finger!

Garyn was happy to smile for the camera!


We recently went to Nashville (another post) and she loved looking at the cute baby in the closet mirrors! I love watching the discoveries through their eyes. You can see her hair has gotten thicker and some longer. I can put bows in it more now. She is pulling them out some and I have already been losing them. Ugh! I foresee us going through many of those bows!
She still loves her bath time. I have got to get a bath sit for her since she doesn't want to stay still. I took these pics of her in this towel because I have one of Garyn in the same towel.
She is always so happy!
'
Here is Garyn. He was almost 6 months old. You can tell they are siblings! Their nose, mouth and cheeks/chin are the same. The eyes even are except for the color. But she looks a little different somehow in the eyes to me.
Well Christmas day is almost here and she will be 8 months. It is flying by too fast! :(
'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails