Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BarGaIN sHoPPinG

You know I love a bargain! I haven't posted any lately and thought it was time. I still do grocery coupons but this post is on the wardrobe shopping!

It's really fun to walk out of a store carrying a bag full of a $10 purchase that would have cost $30+ in another store. In fact I thrive off of it. I want to go bargain shopping but also need to bargain shop. Teacher's pay and part time nurse pay don't leave much left over for clothes, shoes or just anything!


So I have documented a few of this month's bargain finds!


Goodwill is where I find most of my clothes. The above picture is from the September half off day. I love these trips because I find the most at one time and get to shop with some great friends! (Which, I will sadly say, is about to change. This was the last time Meg will be with us but Arlene and I plan to go to her Goodwill with her when we can!)

Anyway.....I found the above for myself.

The breakdown:
  •  one purple with flowers long sleeve T-shirt
  • one purple long sleeve dress shirt with tags! (see below pic)
  • a black and white patterned knee-length dress
  • one black short-sleeve sweater/cover up thing...?
  • one Gap knee-length blue jean skirt
  • one pair of brown Gap capris
  • a pink paisley skirt
  • and one turtle neck purple sweater

Have I mentioned purple is my favorite color?

dress shirt with tag....only $2.15!

In the same trip, I found Garyn some items....




He got...
  • an orange football shirt (pic below)
  • a long sleeve gray/blue shirt (will be an RB shirt)
  • a pair of blue jeans
  • a Gap long sleeve dress shirt
  • an Old Navy blue puffy vest
  • a set of long sleeve pajamas

I think this was his favorite and daddy's since it is TEXAS longhorn orange!


I also found a working lamp...

notice it says $3.99.....only $2 on half off day!


So my Goodwill total for all of this was $29.99! That's 15 items averaging $2 each including tax. Couldn't have gotten it all that cheap on clearance with coupons! (Which I should say is the only way I buy new clothes)

Then, I had another trip more focused on Ansley (who actually doesn't need anything!) at the Kids Planet consignment store. I like to go to consignment stores and sales but don't normally get clothes as cheap actually. However, I always find a few items that are within my price range. ( I try to not spend more than $3 or $4 on the kids clothes. Shoes and jeans are sometimes more) 


Sorry this is a phone picture.....
  •  one Carter's jacket (pic below)
  • one Children's Place yellow short sleeve shirt and shorts
  • one long sleeve Carter's pink onsie
  • one pair of Gap brown pants
  • one Gymboree green and red apples outfit (pic below)
  • one blue jean skirt
  • and one Gymboree purple outfit
Get this: all items except the purple outfit were $1 each! This consignment shop has $1 bins that she puts things that don't sell for awhile in and I plopped down with Ansley in my lap and went through them both. I was so excited to find this outfit.....

I found the pants first noticing the cute red apples but figured for $1 I could match them with a onsie with red in it. BUT then I found the hooded shirt in the other bin! Jackpot I tell you! $1 each for a cute fall Gymboree outfit!

This is my cutie pie in the Carter's jacket. It has two little ears on the hood....love it!

Ewww....I could just eat her up!

So I spent $12+ tax on her items. The purple Gymboree outfit was on the sale rack for $4. I really have enough for her, given to us from friends, for this fall but she is a little smaller than those clothes so I have been getting some things that will fit this first part of the fall season.


So the next time you see me out and about, you can ask try to figure out how much I paid for my outfit. I love to tell people but it embarasses my husband. He always rolls his eyes when I say "Oh, I got this from Goodwill!" My Goodwill shopping helps fund his eating out addiction though! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails