Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bathroom Remodel!

So remember this post? Our bathroom has been mostly done for a few weeks. And I L-O-V-E it!
We feel so accomplished and Tyler is ready to move to the next job. I, on the other hand, want a little break for the holidays. Plus, the next project involves taking out a huge window to put in a french door. But on to the finished project!

New white shower/tub and curtain.....

New toilet, wainscoting, and towel/toilet roll holders.......

New tile with this detailed area in front of shower.....

New counter top, sink, faucet and redone cabinets.....

New lighting around mirror and also a fan-light above shower.......

I wish I had a good picture of the before, but it was that peach tub/shower tile, toilet, sink and counter with laminated flooring. It was outdated to say the least!

Tyler is such a good handy man. He tiled the floor with help of his dad, painted the tub and shower tile, put up the wainscoting with hand rail and redid our previous cabinet. The cabinet before was two separate pieces that had an opening in the middle under the sink. They were exactly the same: two drawers above two doors. Tyler cut one in half and made it the 4 drawers.  Then to make it long enough for the counter top, he added the open shelves, that I choose, making them from the other half he cut. Meanwhile, he sanded it all and re stained it darker (it was a yellow-pine-looking color before). Also, he added some decorative trim around the doors and had to make the faux drawer panels under the sink. I just love him!

I did a little painting and staining. Since I am pregnant and had a broken foot at that time, there wasn't too much I could do. I supervised A LOT and had to keep Garyn company most of the time!
So there it is!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails