Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day!

I am so proud of myself for doing freezer cooking today. I totally decided this morning. We have been saying over and over that we needed some freezer meals, especially BB burritos, to keep us from eating out as much. Garyn goes to Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and when I saw the rain, I decided going Christmas shopping and running errands wasn't going to be any fun. (I avoid getting out in rain since breaking my foot!) Which equals: impromptu cooking day!
Anyway, I got 4 dinners done and 10 burritos to put in the freezer (actually only 9 cause one I ate for lunch). I tried one new chicken casserole that I had gotten out of the Better Homes and Garden magazine a while back. Hoping its good!

Hot N' Cheesy Chicken Casserole
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 14 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli
    (I left this out since my boys don't like it)
2 cups cooked rice
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1 10 oz can cream of chick. condensed
1 10 oz can fiesta nacho cheese soup
    ( I substitued nacho cheese dip....?)
1 10 oz ca rotel
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup crushed rich round crackers

1. Preheat overn to 350 F. Place chicken in bottom
of 3 qt. casserole dish. Combine broccoli, rice, and peas.
Spread over chicken. Then combine cream of chicken,
nacho cheese, soup, rotel, milk, and red pepper. Stir in
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of mozz. cheese
Pour mixture over everything. Then sprinkle crushed
crackers and remaining mozz. & cheddar cheese.

2. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 mins or until topping is
golden. Makes 8-10 servings.

I split this into 2 dishes since there are only 3 of us.
And I didn't put the topping on cause I was worried the crackers wouldn't be crispy after freezing.

I also made the Mexican Chicken Casserole and split it into two dishes.

Just to let you know how we roll around here....I made all this, planned for us to eat one of the dishes, and my wonderful, sweet husband wants to go out to eat. Of course! And he talked me into it because he is leaving for a conference in Nashville for work tomorrow and won't be back till Friday.....oh the irony!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails